*Not all of the below will be required. But more may be required in some instances. The below is a guide to give you an idea of what will be asked of you.
An experienced artist manager with at least 5 years’ experience in the field. This role will involve front line responsibility for the strategic management of a portfolio of Artists, singer-songwriters and writer-producers – being the primary contact point between them and live agents/festivals, publishers, record companies, PRs and other senior industry executives. In particular we are looking for someone who has deep knowledge and understanding and experience of the global market (primarily in the UK, but also some knowledge of Europe, US and ROW) and stand-alone general management skills.
This senior manager will have primary responsibility for devising, alongside each artist, and where appropriate with other industry professionals, the various strategies necessary for each artist’s worldwide career development: i.e. will be responsible for delivery of what needs to be done, when and how, and in liaison with whom – covering strategic marketing, sales, negotiations of fees, rights, PR, digital and print media and all aspects of an artist’s worldwide career development.
They will also demonstrate a good level of commercial / broad business awareness, and will be able to confidently participate in/contribute to the development of Whole Entertainments broader portfolio of activities.
The senior manager will also be responsible for effective management of one or more Assistant Artist Manager/s working in support.
- Act as a key point of contact with assigned artists.
- Work with Directors to help define and deliver strategic objectives, for example, identifying targets, gaps in planning, trends in the industry and developments in global territories and longer-term strategy for clients on the roster.
- Maintain awareness of the progress of an artist’s career and provide internal progress reports, briefings and management career projections.
- Manage (and potentially accompany tours with assistance from the Touring team if applicable) including proposing, negotiating and concluding deals, financial management and budgeting, and all other aspects involved with touring.
- Identify and recruit both new client signings (established and developing) and potential new employees.
- Negotiate/advise on contract terms, ensure fee negotiations are finalised, process and manage the issuing and finalisation of contracts.
- Liaise with accountants on all matters relating to timely accounting to artists, commission, and tax arrangements.
- Liaise with artists lawyers on any required matters around contracting of shows, recordings, etc.
- Review promoter invoices and monthly commission statements to ensure correct and complete.
- Process incoming royalty statements and other correspondence relating to incoming monies.
- Keep track of and ensure timely payment of artists’ fees, and check deductions of tax, social security etc by promoters.
- Ability to produce accurate projections, budgets and other financial information in order to ensure both the Company’s finance team and artists/orchestras are fully informed.
- Establish and build relationships with promoters, labels, distributors, publishers.
- Assess and present reviews of recordings and performances.
- Identify and submit copy for company website news, including the weekly news, biographies, discographies and repertoire lists and ensure accurate reproduction by promoters.
- Maintain and distribute artist’s photographs, press material and promotional recordings as required.
- Assistance as needed with other parts of the business and other specific projects where expertise is required (artists and touring).
- Advise artists on their marketing, PR and digital strategies to complement their musical identity.
- Identify possible new projects for the wider company.
- Act as an ambassador for the company
- Working with the Assistant Artist Managers / Artist Coordinators to ensure they:
- Maintain the diary of each artist and finalise details of sessions, live dates and other bookings
- Collate and complete/update information on things such as recordings, tour dates, venues, fees, etc
- Ensure information on company systems are maintained (including writer splits, amounts to be charged to promoter/artist for travel and accommodation) and outstanding fee negotiations followed up on a timely basis.
- Check recording details including versions/editions
- Decide requirements for work permits and/or visas, and make the necessary applications where necessary.
- Arrange artists national and international travel and accommodation, check final issue of tickets, arrange any necessary local transport, such as collection from airport, transfers between hotel and venue.
- Finalise all details relating to the timing and running order of each engagement and provide final detailed schedule (including travel/accommodation information as relevant) to the artist.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic and business plans.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to excel in high-pressure situations.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office or similar
- At least 5 years experience in senior management
- A deep knowledge of the latest developments in the relevant industries
- Well organised, with excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask
- Innovative and entrepreneurial approach
- Develop positive relationships with business partners, investors, and senior management
- Strong leadership skills. Someone who sets a strong example and leads from the front
- Trustworthy with strong ethical and moral qualities
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as required
- Salary plus commission + discretionary bonuses
- 20 days of paid holiday per year in addition to statutory bank and public holidays.
- Company Pension Scheme
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org